jueves, 15 de marzo de 2012

WELCOME TO MY STYLE WORLD

Hi. My name is Miguel Mateos, and I´m a Spanish student who loves fashion and wants to live from this passion. Now, let me tell you a bit about my view on the fashion world. As I´ve just said , I love fashion, so I like to call it an "art". It is amazing the way designers can show their own feelings by creating clothes. I admire that and that´s what I want to be.


Some people like Dior, Balenciaga, Balmain, Schiaparelli, Chanel, Versace... were true artists that changed the society in which they live. That's why I think that fashion can still have a political and social ambition, showing the way people feel in different moments of the Human's History.


I hate minimalism beacuse it has taken away all the magic of the past. Nowadays, only a few designers are pushing boudaries and innovating. Mary Katrantzou, Dries van Noten, Cavalli, Dolce&Gabbana, Lanvin... keep playing with new fabrics, patterns, prints...


I recognise the contribution of big industrial fashion chains (Zara, H&M, Topshop, Mango...), because they've made fashion more accesible for everyone, but I hate the fact that they've lowered fashion quality, not only in fabrics, but in creativity. This companies copy the artistic work of true designers, and that is unacceptable.




I find that fashion is a world that doesn't know about gender, age, race or sex preferences... Everyone can take part of it and enjoy it as much as I do. I'd love to be a designer because I want women to feel and look good, and I'd love to be called "an artist".


Thank you so much! My first post will be ready soon!


xxx Miguel Mateos xxx

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario